Venue: Civic Suite Catford SE6 4RU
Contact: Clare Weaser
RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of the Licensing Committee held on 7 June 2018 be confirmed and signed as a correct record.
Licensing Committee 31 July 2018 – Fuel Tank 8/12 Creekside SE8 3DX
In the matter of the application for a new Premises Licence the Committee has considered the relevant representations made.
The Committee has made the following determination:
With a view to ensuring the promotion of the licensing objectives, in accordance with the provisions of the statutory guidance and the principles of our licensing policy, the application for a new premises licence was GRANTED subject to the following conditions being added to the premises licence.
Police/Licensing Authority Conditions:
1. The premises shall install and maintain a comprehensive CCTV system. All entry and exit points will be covered enabling frontal identification of every person entering in any light condition. The CCTV system shall continually record whilst the premises is open for licensable activities and during all times when customers remain on the premises. All recordings shall be stored for a minimum period of 31 days with date and time stamping. Recordings shall be made available upon the request of Police or authorized officer throughout the preceding 31 day period, such copies shall in any event be provided within forty-eight (48) hours.
2. A staff member from the premises who is conversant with the operation of the CCTV system shall be on the premises at all times when the premises are open to the public. This staff member must be able to show a Police or authorized council officer recent data or footage with the absolute minimum of delay when requested.
3. Notices shall be prominently displayed at all exits requesting patrons to respect the needs of local residents and businesses and leave the area quietly.
4. Notices shall be prominently displayed at any area used for smoking requesting patrons to respect the needs of local residents and use the area quietly.
5. Patrons permitted to temporarily leave and then re-enter the premises (including the smoking area) e.g. to smoke, shall not be permitted to take open drinks or containers with them unless using tables and chairs outside.
6. A proof of age scheme, such as Challenge 25, shall be operated at the premises where the only acceptable forms of identification are (recognized photographic identification cards, such as a driving license or passport / Holographical marked PASS scheme identification cards) appropriate signage must be displayed.
7. An incident log shall be kept at the premises, and made available on request to an authorized officer of the Council or the Police, which will record the following:
(a) All crimes reported to the venue.
(b) All ejections of patrons.
(c) Any complaints received.
(d) Any incidents of disorder.
(e) Any faults in the CCTV system.
(f) Any refusal of the sale of alcohol.
(g) Any visit by a relevant authority or emergency service.
8. All staff to undergo Licensing training which will be documented and provided to police / licensing authority on request. This training is to be refreshed every 12 months. All new staff must undergo this training before being allowed to sell ... view the full decision text for item 17.
3.1 The Chair welcomed all parties to the meeting and introductions were made. She then invited Ms Hooper to introduce the application.
3.2 Ms Hooper said that members were being asked to consider an application for a new premises licence for Fuel Tank 8/12 Creekside SE8 3DX. The applicant is Vacherin Ltd. The application for the sale of alcohol, Monday to Sunday was until 11pm but had been reduced to 10pm as a compromise following the objections received. One representation had been received from a responsible authority; the London Fire brigade, but this had been withdrawn. Fourteen representations had been received from local residents.
3.3 The Police and the Crime and Enforcement Officer had met with the applicant to discuss a number of conditions considered necessary to be added to the licence to promote the four licensing objectives. In addition, extra conditions had been agreed by the applicant this evening. Ms Hooper outlined the steps that members could take when considering this application.
3.4 Mr Spiegler said that extra conditions to be added to the licence had been agreed that evening. He then read them out to the Committee as follows.
1. The premises licence holder shall implement a dispersal policy to ensure patrons leave the area quietly and respect local residents.
3.5 Mr Spiegler confirmed that these conditions had been agreed in addition to the list of conditions ... view the full minutes text for item 17.