The Forum also monitors how admissions relate to published admissions numbers and reviews the comprehensiveness and accessibility of guidance for parents and the composite prospectus produced by the local authority.
The Forum meets every term to:
· consider existing and proposed admissions arrangements
· promote agreement on admission issues
· consider improvements to admissions processes
· review admissions guidance for parents
· promote agreement on arrangements for dealing with in-year admissions including for challenging and vulnerable pupils
· publish advice representing the agreed views of the Forum, in the form of a leaflet which is distributed to the governors of all schools which are their own admission authorities.
The Forum works in partnership with local schools and has been very successful in simplifying admission arrangements and making them more accessible for parents.
Support officer: Admissions and Appeals Team.
Phone: 020 8314 8282