Decision Maker: Health and Wellbeing Board
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Resolved: The Board made the following recommendations regarding this agenda item:
· Marc Rowland raised a concern that the evaluation forms regarding adult depression are not reliably accurate and would need clarifying.
· Liz Butler advised that the dashboard should include a metric on empowering patients to self-manage.
9.1 Trish Duffy provided members of the Health and Wellbeing Board with an update on performance against its agreed priorities within the Health and Wellbeing Strategy and the performance indicators for the Better Care Fund.
9.2 The dashboard of indicators is based on metrics drawn from the Quality and Outcomes (Primary Care), Public Health, NHS and Better Care Fund Frameworks.
9.3 Highlights from the report were as follows:
· A new indicator has been added on Maternal Obesity.
· Cervical cancer screening has dropped to 71.7% in 2015, down from 73.7% in 2014. More smear tests were conducted in 2015 than in 2014, however due to the increasing population the percent uptake has decreased.
· There was a substantial increase in MMR2 uptake in the last quarter of 2015/16. This relates to extensive work undertaken by the Lewisham Immunisation Coordinator.
· The rate of alcohol related admissions has increased since the previous reporting period, from 614 per 100,000 in 2013/14 to 644 per 100,000 in 2014/15. This is the latest data available.
· Prevalence of depression in adults has risen from 5.9% in 2013/14 to 6.4% in 2014/15. This increase is statistically significant. Public Health will now raise this issue with Lewisham GPs to better understand and develop actions.
Report author: Dave Trew
Publication date: 19/07/2016
Date of decision: 19/07/2016
Decided at meeting: 19/07/2016 - Health and Wellbeing Board