Decision Maker: Safer Stronger Communities Select Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To recommend to the officers in attendance:
1. The involvement and representation of more-junior staff in strategic discussions regarding equality, diversity and inclusion, including at the Corporate Equalities Board, be increased.
2. The next Single Equalities Framework and new Corporate Equalities Board Terms of Reference contain more-purposeful and more-measurable objectives.
3. The duration of the Disability Policy Officer role be reconsidered before the draft Lewisham Disabled People’s Commission response is submitted to Mayor and Cabinet.
4. That equalities be measured and considered when evaluating service performance and the distribution of Council resources in the community.
5. Equality, diversity and inclusion considerations be built into staff appraisal and one-to-one processes.
6. In the next Single Equalities Framework, the equalities prisms be more clearly defined.
Publication date: 15/09/2023
Date of decision: 14/09/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/09/2023 - Safer Stronger Communities Select Committee