Decision Maker: Mayor and Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Having considered an open officer report, and a presentation by the Cabinet Member for Finance and Strategy, Councillor Amanda De Ryk, the Mayor and Cabinet agreed to note:
1. The contents of this report
2. That single service Stage Two Complaints and all Members enquiries will be responded to and dealt with by the responsible service directly and not via the Corporate Complaints team. Only multifaceted, Stage Two complaints and enquiries to be handled by Corporate Complaints team. This has been successfully piloted in the Planning Service.
3. That a new Members portal for members to log and monitor their enquiries and/or complaints from their constituents will be implemented in July 2022
4. That complaints are now being discussed bi-monthly at the Corporate Assurance Board to focus on areas requiring improvement. The Director of Resident and Business Services attends this meeting.
5. That this year as well as improving our responsiveness in dealing with complaints and enquiries, we need to continue to use the learning from complaints to address service delivery issues and to help prevent complaints arising in the first place.
Publication date: 08/07/2022
Date of decision: 06/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 06/07/2022 - Mayor and Cabinet