This select committee exercises all the functions and roles of the overview and scrutiny committee in relation to:
· issues relating to the protection of the environment including 'green' issues such as the conservation of natural resources, energy efficiency and conservation of natural resources, energy efficiency and conservation and/or the reduction of all types of pollution and recommendations to the Mayor and Cabinet regarding these issues as appropriate.
· the review and scrutiny of the exercise by risk management authorities of flood risk management and coastal erosion risk management affecting the area.
It can also comment and consult on and make recommendations to the Mayor and Cabinet in relation to the following:
· sustainable development economic development, business support, employment and training
· the formulation of the Council’s planning policies, (including the preparation of the Council’s Local Development Documents and other local plans for the use and development of land, but excluding planning control and building control functions)
· highways, parking, traffic and transport, and urban regeneration
· the environment including waste disposal, environmental health, street and market trading (but not the granting of licences and related matters)
· public protection, refuse collection and disposal, street cleaning, consumer protection, cemeteries and crematoria
· generally to examine the performance of the Mayor and Cabinet in relation to these matters.
Support officer: Timothy Andrew Email: (email@example.com).